1 John 4:4

".....because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sweet Summertime

I love love love the summer months! I love waking up with the sun already shining! I love summer morning runs. I love being out in the sun, with my tanning oil, beach towel, good book, and a pool near by. I love laying out, getting hot, and then cooling off in the pool and then repeating the lovely task :) I love how it doesn't get dark til about 10. I love family time in the summer. And even thought June is the only month I don't have a class I still love the summer time. Having school this summer is some what of a bummer....but since it is still summer I live with it.

When I was little summer was even better. We never stayed inside during the summer. Me and my best friend would ride bikes, swim, play catch, all sorts of things but we would do them outside. Our favorite was playing town, our bikes were cars and different places around our block would be you know the store, the post office, different things. We had quite the imagination. We would ride to the ice cream place, and the cemetery...yes I know a little strange but we loved it!    Basically we spent all summer outside doing who knows what but we weren't inside.

I have never been someone to really care about how kids are inside watching TV or playing games, or who knows what. Maybe that is because I am not a parent yet I am not sure. But today as I was driving I not only saw a child outside...but he was outside helping his dad with something. And he looked really into it. I was glad to see him outside and being so helpful. Now I may be totally wrong...maybe dad forced him out for help but either way I could see the boy smiling with a hammer in hand. And as I continue driving I notice not many kids outside. No one riding their bikes....not out playing with dogs or cats...I don't know I am not a huge activist or anything for kids being out side because maybe the town I live now is just different then the one I am from. Maybe it isn't as safe..or too big to do those things.. I do feel bad for the children though because I know what they are missing out on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment